- Completion of house including painting of roof
- Vacation bible School (three sessions—one in community above hotel Mont Joli and two at the Hotel Beck)
- Purchased and distributed shoes (flip flops) to about 150 children in the community above Mont Joli.
- Follow-up on community well (dug and sealed well in July) by providing hand and electrical pump and storage cistern. Well provides drinking and cooking water and showers for the community.
- Continuation of feeding program for 4000 people monthly.
- Provision of additional power tools to six journey-level carpenters who share space and tools (Intent is that carpenters will repay cost for tools as their work becomes more efficient.).
- Ongoing—Making arrangements for a adolescent girl to obtain surgery to replace hip, could be in Haiti or US.
- We are working with the Catholic Church of Cap Haitian to sign a long term lease with for the Hotel Beck. It would serve as a mission center, feeding center and vocational building. If we sign the lease it will be a significant amount of work and will need financial support from multiple groups.
Report from January 2014
Dates: January 10-17, 2014 Mission Team: Michael Hertz, Carolyn Satter, Ralph Satter, Marlene Passarelli, Chuck Passarelli, Norman Hertz Accomplishments: